We understand the unique challenges that women face who come in contact with the Criminal Justice system.
Sadly, 1 in 3 women in prison have suffered sexual abuse and over half have been the victims of domestic violence.*
Our approach, therefore, is person focused, supportive and empowering. We operate two female projects – one in and Kent and a housing-specific project in Luton. We work with female offenders as well as those classified as vulnerable, for example, victims of domestic violence.
We help women to:
- Address substance abuse and addictions
- Access support for mental health issues
- Manage a home, budget and maintain a tenancy
- Become reunited with their family and children (where possible)
- Improve their health and wellbeing
- Access training, education and employment
Read Jennie’s storyhttp://www.prisonreformtrust.org.uk/Portals/0/Documents/Bromley%20Briefing%20December%202011.pdf Corston, J. (2007) The Corston Report, London: Home Office