Ever since 1958, we have successfully helped men and women stop reoffending and turn their lives around to benefit themselves and their communities.
This means fewer victims, safer neighbourhoods and restored lives.
Our Justice Data Lab results show a significant reduction in reoffending in those using our services compared to a matched comparison group. For the highlights and full report, click here.
Highlights from 2015-2016
- We worked with approximately 1500 individuals, achieving a 2.6% reconviction rate for those who were in our housing – one of the lowest reconviction rates in the country
- We worked in 15 prisons giving a range of advice on housing, debt, gambling and reintegration into the community for long-sentenced prisoners
- We opened up 92 new beds – a 17% increase, providing desperately needed accommodation for people who needed help to make a fresh start
- 94% of clients surveyed in our client satisfaction survey said that they were happy with the support and care they received during their time with us
- We were nominated for three awards – winning the LaingBuisson risk management award and being shortlisted for two others: Charity of the Year (Charity Times Awards) and Rising Chief Executive (Third Sector)
- Langley’s long-term impact on reducing reoffending was validated for the second time by the Ministry of Justice, through the Justice Data Lab, an impact measurement tool